Sunday, September 20, 2009
Just torturing our kids because we have nothing better to do
Friday night we decided to treat our children to a movie at the theater since we have never done this before. Mike has taken Nicholas to one movie in the theater and I took Zach to one movie in the theater. They were both 3 at the time. Ellen (Mike's mom) has taken both of them to several movies. We've heard good things about "Up" so since it was now at the cheap theater, we decided to go as a family. I knew David would struggle through it since it would be dark and loud, and he met my expectations. Brooke sat on either Mike's lap or mine and was shaking through the scary parts. Zach covered his eyes and kept saying, "I don't like this!" But Nicholas was CRYING and covering his eyes and begging us to take him home. Heck no, you WILL watch this movie!! It was all too scary and intense and just way too much for them to handle. At one point I took Nicholas, Brooke and David out of the theater until they could all calm down, and then they wanted to go back in. We did make it through the movie, and if you asked the kids, none of them enjoyed it. And Mike and I don't know whether to laugh or feel guilty for forcing them through this torture! I guess we won't be going back to the theater anytime soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's too funny, Kate. We've been there before, too. When we first took Maggie to see a movie (she was 2 1/2, I think) we took her to see "Spirit." You know, the cartoon one about the wild horse. We thought she'd love it. She was so scared after only 2 minutes into the movie--we had to leave--she wouldn't calm down. Garrett didn't want to leave because he just paid all this money, but in the end, they gave us our money back. My kids have all been scared of the movie theater. But, we keep trying and they are all pretty good now. Bella has been the only one that hasn't been scared because we've been taking her since she was a baby. Go figure!
I am sorry but I have to laugh about this. We went to the same show on Saturday and sat in front of another family that we know. Thier children cried and were s little scared also. Brian and I are feeling out of it, we must have mean or insensitive kids!
ROFL......that is too funny. I cant remember a time when my kids have been scared. We go to almost every movie at MCMNENAMINS. It is too good a deal! $10 for my whole family! and No we dont usually eat. ( I do sneak in peanut butter sandwiches and sometimes popcorn)
I'll just call CPS on you next time.
Post a Comment