Tuesday, December 29, 2009

To Sum Up December....

I'm going to just put it all in one post...
Here we are creating gingerbread houses with Mike's mom, her sister, and the Wood family:
We got to see who the artistic ones really were! Nicholas' 3rd grade all had a big party the last day of school before Christmas Break and here he is with his buddy, Noah:
Nicholas with more of his classroom buddies.
Christian, Warren, and Noah:


Mike's birthday -
He's holding the framed Nelson Family Motto (you'll have to stop by to get a better look at it) and his beloved Oregon Ducks blanket his mom made for him:

Getting help blowing out his candles on his banana cream pie. "3" candles on one side and "9" candles on the other (could he really be that old?):


"Cheese!"

Opening presents on Christmas Day:


Zach and Nicholas got "Othello" from Aunt Sara (Love that game!):



They can never have enough guns!



And best of all, Uncle Jonathan (my little brother) came to visit us from BYU for a couple days and we got to celebrate his birthday too! Here he and Zach completed assembling this wooden truck:
Not an easy feat considering the directions were all in Chinese! Thanks Nannie and Papa!
What a busy and fun month! And it's not over quite yet!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I wish I had seen this post before I came over yesterday because now I want to know what the motto says.

Looks like fun times for the Nelsons. Never heard of Othello so I'll have to check it out.

Linda Terry said...

othello; of course that's a perfect gift for the boys. they're so ready for that strategy. good thinking, sarah. fun pictures. makes me wish i were there.