Sunday, September 5, 2010

Thank You, Intel!

This summer Intel threw a couple parties for their employees. The first one we went to was a private party at Bullwinkles which had a lot of fun activities, arcade games and food. Nicholas and I were brave enough to walk the 12-foot high ropes course. Here's a clip off their website since I didn't get any pictures of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnbArGn6vdU&feature=player_embedded

It was fun to see Adam (my brother) and his family there too and hang out with them. Along with the batting cages we also did the bumper boats (the boys got soaked). You can see Mike and Zach behind Nicholas in this picture, attempting to spray him with water:

Then a family game of miniature golf. Nicholas:

Zach:
Brooke:

And even David hit the ball:

We could not get Brooke off this Frogger ride!
It would go up and do little freefalls on the way down.
I think her expression says it all:

Plus a fun play area for the Brooke and David:
After doing the math, Mike and I figured it would have cost our family over $200 for the 4 hours of fun we had here. Thank you, Intel!


A couple weeks later Intel had their annual party at a private camp in Vernonia. This place is amazing with the HUGE waterslide, tons of food, crafts, prizes, sno-cones, pool, miniature golf, jumping houses, "media" tent with a Wii and guitar hero-type stuff, petting zoo area, air hockey, ping pong, volleyball, etc. We were hoping to have our name drawn to win a $300 gift card to Great Wolf Lodge, but several other people were more lucky than us, I guess.
David got a ride from everyone in these fun electronic cars:

Hooray for the pink car!
Brooke had no fear on this slide:



Pony rides for Brooke:

And David:

Kiddie pool just David's size:


And a great climbing wall:


Nicholas:

Zach:

Brooke even tried the wall:


So we felt thoroughly spoiled by Intel and decided it is indeed a great place for Mike to work!

3 comments:

Rachel Tolman Terry said...

Holy Cow! The fanciest company party we've ever gone to featured a silent movie with live electronic keyboard accompaniment. And I thought that was good!

Clement Family said...

I want to go to this place.

Clement Family said...

and I want a pink car too.