Monday, October 4, 2010

Birthday Fun

For my birthday, I wanted to go on a family bike ride so here we are at the Banks/Vernonia Trail. It worked out pretty good to have 3 of us on bikes and Mike pushing the youngest two in the jogging stroller on his roller blades. I know, not the safest way for them to travel, but on this paved, flat trail we had no problems. (Well, other than Nicholas' back tire locking up and I had to carry his bike back since the others had gone ahead while he and I were eating blackberries.)



I think Mike got the biggest workout.




Nicholas and I enjoyed stopping to pick and eat blackberries along the way. No one else in our family like them. How sad!


We got home just in time for my friend, Beth, to take me out to lunch, which was very sweet of her.
Then Mike and I headed to the temple and afterwards ate dinner at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. Mike loves that place and I had never been there before so that was fun.
I really wanted just ONE SLICE of this fantastic cake from Claim Jumpers:
All 6 of us couldn't even finish it off in one sitting!


And presents from the kiddos and I would call it a perfect day!

Happy 37 to me!

3 comments:

Linda Terry said...

yes, a perfect day with the ones you love. thanks for being born into our family!
love, mom

Rachel Tolman Terry said...

I love the picture of you and Nicholas with your helmets on.

Clement Family said...

you had an awesome birthday! :)