Mike had a Young Mens activity on my birthday, so we sent the kids to Grandma's house and I went on the hike to Punch Bowl Falls with Mike and the boys. It was a perfect day for a hike and the falls are beautiful.
Mike and I with the falls behind us:
more falls:
Here's our group next to a really tall cliff: Mike, Dillon, Jodi, Sean, Ben, Conner, Hunter, Adam, Ammon, Skyler, Spencer
The boys getting ready to jump off the 15-foot cliff:
And here I go.....!!!
Brrrrr...... FREEZING COLD! swim fast! swim fast!
On the way home we picked up a pizza, a pie, and then picked up the kids to celebrate my birthday:
(No, I'm not 35, Mike did add 3 more candles - can you tell?)
Ukrainian bag, baskets, and potholder from my parents:
AND my very own ipod! Look at all the happy smiles on the kids! They can be bribed with about anything for time on the ipod. (When I let a kid be the photographer, I get 1/2 my face cut off in the picture. Oh well.)
On Labor Day we had a picnic at a nearby park with some friends. Here is David giving his good buddy, Kai a ride:
Labor Day barbecue with Dixons, Braithwaites, Mortensons, Podwys, Noels, and Keannaainas:
First day of school! Look at Nicholas and Zach's forced excitement:
Brooke's first day of kindergarten was a couple days later:
Nicholas and Zach tried hard to share in her enthusiasm:
Brooke waiting at the bus stop with her good friend and neighbor, Elliana:
Elliana's brother, Oliver, with Nicholas and Zach:
Getting on the bus:
Brooke waving from the bus window:
Mike in his new suit that actually fits him since he lost 35 pounds:
Neighborhood buddies: David, Paige, Brooke, Dante, and Sarya:
Kai and David playing one of their favorite things- marbles on a car track:







2 comments:
love the pics... such a beautiful life you have, Kate and Mike,
dad
I love your monthly update posts. That is a great idea.
Post a Comment