I tried to make her birthday as pink as possible: pink cake, pink presents wrapped in pink paper, and pink decorations. But she just wouldn't keep the pink bow in her hair!
Here she is in her blessing dress at 2 months old. Does the dress look familiar? It is a portion of my wedding dress that my sister, LaRene, recreated into a blessing dress. Hopefully, Brooke will have a little girl who can wear it also. (1 1/2 years old)
My only thumb sucker.
Brooke loves babies, purses, and other people's shoes! She is wearing Nicholas' shoes in this picture.

Labor stories are always fun: Even though she is our 3rd child, I was clueless about the beginning stages of labor since I had no labor with Nicholas (c-section) and Zach was induced. So I ignored the regular, mild contractions. By the time I realized this was the real thing, got the boys off to Grandma's, finished up whatever I was in the middle of, Brooke arrived 45 minutes after we got to the hospital! I didn't like the "no epidural" idea, but we had no choice. She arrived 9 days early weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.
We love you, Brookie-girl!


6 comments:
She sure is a fun and sweet little girl--Happy Birthday Brooke!
Kate I had no idea you were a cake decorater!! Nice JOB! Love to Brookie! What a cutie face.
cake decorator? HA! not even close. take a closer look at the cake. on second thought, Don't. it had issues...
Pink everything? Sounds like she and Ashlyn would get along fabulously!
Happy Birthday Brooke!!
She's growing up so fast! What a beautiful girl.
Post a Comment