Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Because I Said So

Dawn Meehan is a mother of 6 who became popular due to an e-bay auction. She ended up having lots of people (myself included) following her blog because her kids do crazy things and she has a great talent for writing about it. In her book, "Because I Said So," she says the following:
"When older kids get up in the middle of the night, they don't scream and cry (like infants). You think that would be a plus, don't you? It isn't. What older kids do is walk into your bedroom, stand with their face a mere inch away from yours, and then proceed to stare at you until somewhere, in the deep recesses of your sleeping brain, you sense them there and crack open your eyelids to a pair of giant eyeballs staring at you. This scares the living daylights out of you, and you will not be able to get back to sleep for at least an hour."
This is so true, because we have a couple kids who make a habit of this behavior. The funny thing is, is Mike's side of the bed is closest to the door and so they go to him, not me. However, their walking into the room wakes me up, but they stand and peer at him until he jolts awake and gets his living daylights scared out of him!
Should I admit to him that I silently chuckle through this whole episode each time?
This book is halarious and I do recommend it to you.
Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Beth said...

can't wait to read it!

Linda Terry said...

did you ever do that to us?

kate n. said...

No way, I was way to scared to leave my bed. I would holler from my room, but I must not have awoke you.

Lisa said...

That's awesome! I used to have a glow-in-the-dark retainer and I would sneak into my parent bedroom while they were talking (thank heavens), get about 3 feet away and suddenly open my mouth and scare the heck out of them! So fun!