Thursday, December 30, 2010

December 2010

Well, here we are, it's been a month (or more) since my last blog post and NO ONE HAS COMPLAINED!! What's up with that? Actually, I've been debating on what to do with the blog. Maybe they are not that cool anymore. Is it worth posting on the blog and then turning it into a book because it's been (sadly) YEARS since I've scrapbooked and I really don't think I'm going to go back to it. I want to document my family and get it into a hard-copy book, but is printing the blog the best method? Or are there easier/better ways to digital scrapbook and get a hard-copy?


Well, until I decide what to do, here's what December looked like for us (at least the happy parts):
Going to our favorite lot and picking out the perfect tree:

The owner said he was closing the lot after this year so we'll have to find a new spot. (sniff)

Grandma (and her sister) came with us:


Zach getting a turn with the saw:


Nicholas' turn with the saw:


A couple days later this very bright double rainbow appeared for only a couple minutes:

Gorgeous!




Mike turned 40 on Dec. 22 and his birthday wish was for him and I to take the camping trailer to Beverly Beach on the coast for a couple nights without the kids. (Thank you, Grandma!)


Yes, we could see the beach right out our camper window! We could also see these people camped in a tent - who does that? In a tent on the beach in the rain in December?! They did park in an RV site and had an extension cord going from their tent to the plug-in. A heater, maybe?


We (and the seagulls) pretty much had the beach to ourselves!


Mike's co-worker made this cake for him too:

A close-up:
She's quite talented and made this cake for him last year:
His birthday was right after getting his braces on. How cute is that!
We got back from the beach in time to celebrate with the kids.
I made him his favorite grasshopper pie:

Mike and the kids before before opening presents:
On Christmas Eve, we went to Ellen's (Mike's mom) church for a rousing, spiritual sermon and then Mike's sister made dinner and Ellen had the kids perform The Nativity for us:
Fortunately, there was no competition for Brooke to play Mary so that is why she is such a happy girl in this picture. (Thank goodness for no sisters!)
Then, Christmas morning:

Ellen, Sara (Mike's sister), Tom (her husband), Brooke, Zach and Nicholas during present opening madness:

Christmas dinner with everyone plus the Andersons from our ward:
Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

5 comments:

Dave Terry said...

Think in terms of you and your posterity, Kate! What will they appreciate the most. I like your blog and will continue to view it ... sending a note helps when an entry is made helps us non-bloggers ( and non- facebookers) to notice. love dad

Linda Terry said...

i love your blog but your time is more important than your blog. you'll have to decide how big a sacrifice it is timewise.

Rachel Tolman Terry said...

I missed your postings, Kate! I just didn't want to whine about it.

Here's a little something to enhance your appreciation of double rainbows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

I can't wait for you to watch it. Watch it right now!

Rachel

Beth said...

I love blogs as you know, so I'm all for it! Great updating post! Happy December!

Clement Family said...

I don't know how I will go on with out your blog...