Friday, March 6, 2009

New Recipe

This is a new crock pot recipe I tried the other day that I enjoyed. I got it out of the Reader's Digest:

Southwestern Chicken
2 cans corn, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
16 oz. chunky salsa
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In crock pot, put corn, beans, and 1/2 cup salsa in the bottom, then the chicken, then the rest of the salsa on top. Cook on high 3 hours or low 7 hours. Sprinkle cheese on chicken when it's done. Serves 6.

Yum!

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Sounds delicious!!!!

Dave Terry said...

And we can do this in China... all that is except for the chicken breasts... they have whole chicken but the white meat is not something the chinese like.. too dry... Not for me.

Linda Terry said...

would someone mind mailing us some good ol' u.s. grown chicken breast? i just can't bring myself to buying china's chicken after seeing them hanging (whole; heads, feet included) upside down (unrefridgerated) at street sales.

Tonya said...

That sounds great. I'm always looking for another great crockpot dinner for Sundays. We'll be trying this one.

Rachel Tolman Terry said...

This looks like a good one. I'm going to have to try it.